Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another day in the life...

Well, it has been a few days since I posted. I'm again waiting for my little guy to have an hour upright after eating before we go to bed. But, this time I know it will help. It has made a tremendous difference in how congested he gets through the night. It has not, however, made my night life any easier. A couple of times I've been so exhausted I forgot and went right back to sleep without getting him up. Each time I forget, we're both sorry.

On the positive side, the wedge I ordered should be here soon and I'm excited to see how it will work. I really believe my son will be a much happier little guy if he can get some quality sleep even when he isn't being held upright in someone's arms.

We're trying pro-biotics to see if that will help the reflux, but haven't seen any significant change yet. It can take a few days, from my understanding, and since we're only on day two, I'm not ready to give it up yet. Even if it doesn't solve the reflux issue, it is still good for his digestion.

Well, my hour of waiting is over and I'm heading to bed. If you are reading this because you are up with a miserable little one suffering from reflux, hang in there. It will get better, even if only because you figure out how to manage things. It is a difficult journey, I know, but one worth persevering through. Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment